Non-NYISO Project registrations are for generators that are not settled in the NYISO Control Area, typically, smaller, Distributed Generation projects. Generally, NYGATS facilitates two types of project registrations: Operational and Provisional
- Operational Project - type of project registration for generators that are currently operational
- Provisional Project - type of project for generators that are not yet operational
Both Operational and Provisional Projects can be submitted to NYSERDA to be certified for the NY RES. Instructions for registering Provisional Projects can be found here.
There are multiple types of Operational Projects:
This article focuses on the registration of Operational Non-NYISO Projects. The Operational Non-NYISO Project registration can be initiated by:
- Log into NYGATS by navigating to the NYGATS Informational Site: http://www.nyserda.ny.gov/nygats and select the ‘Sign in for Existing Users’ button located on the right-hand side of the screen. Selecting the ‘Sign in for Existing Users’ button will redirect the user to the NYGATS Account Login Screen where the user can enter their Username and Password to access their account.
- Generators that are currently operational and that are not settled in NYISO can be registered by selecting the ‘Register New Operational Project’ link located in the Project Management module. If the project is not yet operational see the instructions for registering Provisional Projects.
After selecting the ‘Register New Operational Project’ link located in the Project Management module, select the project type = Generating Unit Project. NOTE: Here are links to instructions on registering other types of Non-NYISO projects
- The following project registration fields are required
Required Field Field Description Plant Name: * Unit Name: * Street Address1: * Street Address2: City: * Country: * State/Province: * County: * Zip/Postal: * NERC Region: * ECAR
eGrid Subregion: * NPCC New England
NPCC Long Island
NPCC Upstate NY
EIA Plant ID Number: * N/A if not available Emissions Unit ID: * N/A if not available ORIS PL: * N/A if not available NYDEC ID: N/A if not available Facility Owner Name: *+ Facility Owner Street Address1: *+ Facility Owner Street Address2: + Facility Owner City: *+ Facility Owner Country: *+ Facility Owner State/Province: *+ Facility Owner Zip/Postal: *+ Facility Owner Telephone: *+ xxx-xxx-xxxx Control Area Operator for Project: *+ NYISO
Utility to which Project is interconnected: *+ Tariff Type: * Distribution Utility - Value of DER Phase 1
Distribution Utility - Net Energy Metering
Distribution Utility - Energy and Capacity - Utility Controlled Wholesale Meter
Distribution Utility - Energy and Capacity - Facility Controlled Revenue Grade Meter
Inservice Date/Commercial Operation Date: * MM/DD/YYYY Nameplate Capacity (MW): * Winter Capacity Factor (%): * Summer Capacity Factor (%): * Repowered Indicator: * Y/N Repower Date: ** Additional Capacity Added Indicator: * Y/N Additional Capacity Added: ** FERC hydroelectric license relicensing Indicator: * Y/N FERC hydroelectric license relicensing date: ** (Only if Indicator is marked yes) NYSERDA Funding
Renewable Energy Standard
Custom Sited Tier/NY Sun
Fuel/Project Type: *+ Facility Operator Contact Job Title: + Facility OperatorContact Name: *+ Facility OperatorContact Mailing Address1: *+ Facility Operator Contact Mailing Address2: + Facility Operator Contact City: *+ Facility Operator Contact Country: *+ Facility OperatorContact State/Province: *+ Facility Operator Contact Zip/Postal: *+ Facility Operator Contact Telephone: *+ xxx-xxx-xxxx Facility Operator Contact Email: *+ Qualified Independent Party: * Self - Reporting (200KW or less)
Name of QIP
Qualified Independent Party ID: ** Leave Blank if Self Reporting Ownership Type: * Privately Owned Distributed Generation
Rural Electric Cooperative
Electric Service Provider
Joint Power Authority
Federal Marketer/Power Administrator
Independent Power Producer
Relationship of Account Holder to Project: * Owner
Assignment of Registration Rights: Y/N Assignment of Registration Rights Effective Date: ** MM/DD/YYYY Court-or Regulator's Assignment of Registration Rights: Y/N Court-or Regulator's Assignment of Registration Rights Effective Date: ** MM/DD/YYYY Revenue Meter ID: * Meter Manufacturer: * Meter Type: * Date of Last Meter Certification: * MM/DD/YYYY
- Each project will designate a Qualified Independent Party (QIP) in the Qualified Independent Party Access section of the Project registration screens (page 2). The QIP should be an entity that is not affiliated with the Generator Owner and who approved to report generation data. Eligible QIPs include, but are not limited to, the interconnecting utility, scheduling coordinator, independent third-party meter reader, or Generator Agent. The designated QIP should provide a QIP ID that is specific for the project. A QIP ID is a unique identifier assigned to the project by the QIP which will link the project to the QIP Account.
NOTE: Projects that qualify as Self Reporting (Operating Rule 5.8) will select Self Reporting as the QIP.
- Once all of the registration fields are completed (3 pages in total) the Operational Project can be submitted. Once submitted, it will be set to a status of Pending, and project documents can now be loaded.
- The following documentation should be uploaded to the Documents/Attestations column on the Project Management Module:
- Designation of Responsible Party – authorize right to register the project if the project is not owned by the Account Holder registering the project
- Documentation to verify Nameplate Capacity, In-Service Date/Commercial Operation Date and Fuel Type (e.g. Interconnection Agreement, Contract, PPA, ect)
- EIA 860 documentation (if applicable)
- After submission, an email notification will be sent to the Account Manager and the completed Project registration will be sent to the NYGATS Administrator for review. The new project will now be displayed with a "Pending" status until the Administrator review is completed.
- Register a project or facility [PDF] to produce RECs