Import Project registrations are used to import certificates into NYGATS for the purpose of capturing relevant data from the exporting registry and to assign NYGATS attributes on the imported certificates. The Import Project registration assigns an Import Project ID to all imported certificates. The Import registration also enables eligible import projects to apply for the NY RES Tier 1 eligibility.
Operational Import Projects
There are 2 basic types of Operational Imports:
- Unbundled/Certificate Only
Operational Import Registrations for both Bundled and Certificate-Only imports are initiated by the import of RECs into NYGATS. New REC imports will be displayed in the Importing Account Holder's Import module in a Need Info status (NIN). The Account Holder can select the registration and complete the missing fields.
The Account Holder will be asked to designate a Basic or Full Registration. The designation of these radio buttons will change the fields that are required, designated by an asterisk.
Basic Import Project Registration
The Basic Registration is for Certificate-Only Imports and Voluntary REC transactions. Basic Registrations are not eligible for the NY RES Tier 1 program. If the Basic Registration radio button is selected, the Account Holder only needs to complete the Fuel Type selection. The Basic Registration will use data reported by the importing registry.
Full Import Project Registration
The Full Registration is required for NY RES Tier 1 applications and for all bundled import transactions. For more information on the Bundled Import process, visit the InterRegistry - Imports (Bundled) training.
Once the Import Registration is completed, it will be set to a pending status for the NYGATS Administrator to review and approve. Once the project is approved the import will be displayed in the Account Holder's Inbox. Certificates received from Approved Imports will not be transferable until one day after the Account Holder accepted the import.
Provisional Import Projects
The only Import project a NYGATS Account Holder can initiate is for a provisional import project. Provisional import projects are registered only for import generators that are not yet operational but that are eligible to apply for the NY RES Tier 1 eligibility.
To register a Provisional Import Project:
- Select the Register New Provisional Import Project link located in the Import module, under the Provisional Import Project table
- The Provisional Project Registration will require you to select the following project types:
- Provisional Project - New NYGATS Project: Required for projects that are not yet operational that will apply for NY RES Tier 1 eligibility
- Provisional Project - Existing NYGATS Project: Required only if registering a capacity upgrade that is eligible to apply for NY RES Tier 1 eligibility
- The following project registration fields are required:
Required Field Field Description Plant Name: * Unit Name: * Street Address1: * Street Address2: City: * Country: * State/Province: * County: * Zip/Postal: * Facility Owner Name: *+ Facility Owner Street Address1: *+ Facility Owner Street Address2: + Facility Owner City: *+ Facility Owner Country: *+ Facility Owner State/Province: *+ Facility Owner Zip/Postal: *+ Facility Owner Telephone: *+ xxx-xxx-xxxx Control Area Operator for Project: *+ NYISO
Utility to which Project is interconnected: *+ Tariff Type: * Distribution Utility - Value of DER Phase 1
Distribution Utility - Net Energy Metering
Distribution Utility - Energy and Capacity - Utility Controlled Wholesale Meter
Distribution Utility - Energy and Capacity - Facility Controlled Revenue Grade Meter
Inservice Date/Commercial Operation Date: * MM/DD/YYYY Nameplate Capacity (MW): * Winter Capacity Factor (%): * Summer Capacity Factor (%): * NYSERDA Funding*
Renewable Energy Standard
Custom Sited Tier/NY Sun
Fuel/Project Type: *+
- Provisional projects will be auto-approved if all required fields have been completed
- Provisional project registrations cannot have meter data reported and cannot be issued certificates. Provisional project registrations do not appear in "operational" reports.