NYGATS facilitates two types of project registrations: Operational and Provisional
- An Operational Project is the type of project registration for generators that are currently operational
- A Provisional Project is the type of project for generators that are not yet operational
Both Operational and Provisional Projects can be submitted to NYSERDA to be certified for the NY RES. Instructions for registering Operational Projects can be found here.
This article focuses on the registration of Provisional Projects. The Provisional Project registration can be initiated by:
- Log in into NYGATS by navigating to the NYGATS Informational Site: http://www.nyserda.ny.gov/nygats and select the ‘Sign in for Existing Users’ button located on the right-hand side of the screen. Selecting the ‘Sign in for Existing Users’ button will redirect the user to the NYGATS Account Login Screen where the user can enter their Username and Password to access their account.
- Generators that are not yet operational but intend to apply for the NY RES Tier 1 eligibility can be registered by selecting the ‘Register New Provisional Project’ link located in the Project Management module under the Provisional Projects table.
- The Provisional Project Registration will require you to select the following project types:
- Provisional Project - New NYGATS Project: Required for projects that are not yet operational that will apply for NY RES Tier 1 eligibility
- Provisional Project - Existing NYGATS Project: Required only if registering a capacity upgrade that is eligible to apply for NY RES Tier 1 eligibility (see Existing NYGATS Project section below for additional instructions)
- The following project registration fields are required:
Required Field Format Notes Plant Name: * Unit Name: * Street Address1: * Street Address2: City: * Country: * State/Province: * County: * Zip/Postal: * xxxxx Facility Owner Name: *+ Facility Owner Street Address1: *+ Facility Owner Street Address2: + Facility Owner City: *+ Facility Owner Country: *+ Facility Owner State/Province: *+ Facility Owner Zip/Postal: *+ Facility Owner Telephone: *+ xxx-xxx-xxxx Control Area Operator for Project: *+ NYISO
Utility to which Project is interconnected: *+ Tariff Type: * Distribution Utility - Value of DER Phase 1
Distribution Utility - Net Energy Metering
Distribution Utility - Energy and Capacity - Utility Controlled Wholesale Meter
Distribution Utility - Energy and Capacity - Facility Controlled Revenue Grade Meter
Inservice Date/Commercial Operation Date: * MM/DD/YYYY Nameplate Capacity (MW): * Winter Capacity Factor (%): * Summer Capacity Factor (%): * NYSERDA Funding*
Renewable Energy Standard
Custom Sited Tier/NY Sun
Fuel/Project Type: *+
- Provisional projects will be auto-approved if all required fields have been completed
- Provisional project registrations cannot have meter data reported and cannot be issued certificates. Provisional project registrations do not appear in "operational" reports.
Existing NYGATS Project Registrations
- When "Existing NYGATS Project" is selected, a new dropdown field appears "NYGATS Project Name". This dropdown contains all the existing projects for the account holder, not including aggregate projects. This should return generators for provisional generator applications and import projects for provisional import applications
- When a project is selected, all fields in the Provisional Project Registration fields are pre-populated with the existing project information.
- After the Provisional Project Registration has been submitted, the Account Holder can apply for Provisional Eligibility using the Apply for Provisional Eligibility link in the Project Management Module
- After the Provisional Eligibility Application has been submitted for an Existing NYGATS Project for upgraded capacity, the Eligibility Application (Program Admin Report) will display the following fields in the project information section:
- Operational Nameplate Capacity (MW-AC) (from the Operational Project Name, should be empty if the project is New)
- Provisional Nameplate Capacity (MW-AC) (from the Provisional Project Application)
- Nameplate Capacity Change (Provisional minus Operational).
- Register a project or facility [PDF] to produce RECs
Any questions about the registration of a project or the use of NYGATS can be directed to: