In NYGATS, LSE Accounts have access to an interface through which an LSE can place an order to purchase Tier 1 RECs from NYSERDA during quarterly sale events.
This functionality is only available for purchasing Tier 1 RECs from NYSERDA and not available to other REC sellers.
Overview of Quarterly NYSERDA Tier 1 Sales Process
- NYSERDA will offer Tier 1 RECs for sale on a quarterly basis
- LSEs will be able to order Tier 1 RECs based on their obligation
- LSEs will receive an invoice from NYSERDA for each purchase of Tier 1 RECs
- NYSERDA will notify LSEs when the sale begins via e-mail
- NYSERDA will allocate Tier 1 RECs and invoice LSEs after the sale closes
When a NYSERDA sale event is open an LSE can enter the number of Tier 1 RECs they would like to purchase from NYSERDA and submit the order to NYSERDA through the interface.
Tier 1 REC Order Screen
When the NYSERDA Tier 1 REC Sale begins, a link to the order screen will be displayed above the LSE Tier 1 REC Compliance Summary. NYSERDA will notify LSEs when the sale begins via e-mail
To Access the Tier 1 REC Order Screen,
LSEs can access this functionality through the NYSERDA Tier 1 RECs hyperlink in the Account Status module of their NYGATS homepage.
When an LSE clicks on the hyperlink, the "Order Tier 1 RECs" screen will open and it has three sections.
- The first table displays the same data presented on the LSE Tier 1 REC Preliminary Compliance Report.
- This information is a Summary of the LSE’s RES obligation and disposition of their Tier 1 RECs
- The second table provides RECs available for sale, price, quantity ordered, and quantity NYSERDA will allocate to the Account Holder.
Note: The "Allocated Tier 1 RECs" column is the quantity of RECs allocated to the LSE by NYSERDA; this amount will be distributed after the sale has been completed and the corresponding invoice has been paid.
- The third section of the Order Tier 1 RECs screen displays the breakdown of Tier 1 RECS that were transferred (distributed) to the LSE.
Note: The Tier 1 REC Distribution table will NOT populate with any RECs UNTIL after the Tier 1 invoice payment has been processed by NYSERDA.
To Complete Tier 1 REC Order from NYSERDA
- LSE will access Order Tier 1 RECs Screen (see instructions above).
- Locate the "Tier 1 REC Order Quantity" column and select the quantity of RECs to Order.
- The Account Holder has the ability to order up to the Right of First Refusal based on their Load Ratio Share.
- If more RECs are ordered than the Right of First Refusal, a warning will be displayed.
- Select the [Order RECs] button to submit the Order to NYSERDA.
- Popup will ask you to confirm the order and acknowledge the order charge
- A notification is sent to the billing contact when orders are placed, modified, or deleted
- The Order Status will be updated to Order Placed, invoice not yet generated.
- If an order was submitted by mistake, the ‘Delete Order’ button can be used to delete the submitted order
- LSEs will also be able to modify their order while the sale is open
- When an order has been submitted and after the 21-day order window is closed, NYSERDA will review the order and allocate RECs to the LSE.
- NYSERDA will issue an invoice for the Tier 1 RECs allocated and the billing contact assigned in the account registration will receive an email with the invoice.
- The Order Status will display: ‘Invoice Generated and Sent’ with the date the invoice was generated.
- The Account Holder can download a copy of the invoice using the hyperlink
- Once the Account Holder’s payment is received and processed by NYSERDA, the RECs will be distributed to the LSE.
- The Order Status will be updated to reflect the 'Invoice was marked as paid and RECS delivered' with the effective date
- Distributed Tier 1 RECs can be accepted from the Inbox located on the account dashboard.
- The delivered RECs will likely be transferred to the Inbox in small batches that will equal the allocated quantity in the Order Screen.